Advertisement

Main Ad

Jim Nwobodo Dumps PDP For APC, Blasts Former Party

Jim Nwobodo Dumps PDP For APC, Blasts Former Party


Jim Nwobodo Dumps PDP For APC, Blasts Former Party

A former Governor of the old Anambra State, Chief Jim Nwobodo has defected to the All Progressive Congress.
Jim Nwobodo was a former Senator and presidential aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, spotted in an APC meeting, convened by Foreign Affairs minister, Dr. Jeffrey Onyeama, in Enugu.
To the surprise of most of the APC members present at the even, Jim Nwobodo declared his membership of APC at the meeting. At the same meeting, a former PDP senator from Enugu State, Chief Fidelis Okoro, also defected to the APC.  Fidelis Okoro was in the Senate between 1999 and 2007.
APC party faithful could not hide their surprise, and shock, when Jim Nwobodo arrived at the venue of the meeting with Fidelis Okoro.  Some APC members voiced their disapproval and wondered why the duo was allowed into the meeting.
Chairman of the party in Enugu State, Dr. Ben Nwoye, who appeared to have prior knowledge of the defection, got the aggrieved party members to calm down before Nwobodo made his declaration speech.
In his defection speech, Jim Nwobodo blasted his old party, PDP.
Jim Nwobodo blamed the party’s leadership for allowing five governors to leave for the APC in the build up to the 2015 general elections. According to him, he is joining the APC to move the people of Enugu State into the mainstream at the federal level.
“You must always lose, what matters is the ability to rise again”.
“I must condemn our former party, PDP – I know we had problems”.
“I told our former chairman, how come did we allow five governors to leave the party?”
“I am not looking for a job, I am talking because I want peace”.
“I want our people to be part of the Federal Government at the centre”.
“I had a problem being an opposition governor”.
“I am not coming into APC because I want anything”.
“I want our people to be reintegrated and have our own share of the Federal Government resources”.

Post a Comment

0 Comments